This is a very rich and highly tasty curry, Andhra special, a “must-DISH” in Andhra rich weddings, will be served in small quantity. It is prepared with drumstick to make people eat slowly enjoying the dish.
Thanks to Mrs. Leela Pratapa, who is basically from Andhra, for teacing me this.
Cashew 25 (if small) 15 (if big)
Chilly powder as required
Turmeric powder small pinch
Salt as required
Dhania powder ½ spoon
Thick curd 1 spoon
Coconut small quantity
Ginger small piece
Curry leaf 1 strip
Coriander leaves small quantity
Jeera and oil for tempering
- Soak cashews 15 to 20 minutes before starting the preparation.
- Cook drumstick separately to 3/4th.
- Heat oil in kadai, add jeera and curry leaves.
- Add onion, fry till transparent.
- Add tomato and cooked drumstick.
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder , salt and dhania powder.
- Take 1/4th of cashews, grind with coconut and ginger as a fine paste.
- Add this to kadai contents , stir well and allow to boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add curd , remaining cashews , mix well and switch off.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.