CHOW CHOW CURRY
Chow chow 2
Coconut ¼ cup
Salt as required
Coconut oil 1 tbsp(or any other cooking oil)
Mustard ¼ spoon
Urad dal ¼ spoon
Red chilly 2
Curry leaves few
Hing liberal pinch
Turmeric powder pinch
- Wash, peel off skin of chow chow and cut into pieces as shown in pic.
- I cooked it for one whistle…but cooking is not a must.
- Heat oil, do tempering, adding items in the mentioned order.
- Add chow chow, salt and mix well.
- If you are using cooked chow chow, sauté for a minute, add coconut scrappings and switch off.
- If you are using raw chow chow, add chow chow cuts and salt, sprinkle enough water, keep it closed till it is cooked soft, then add coconut.
- Mix well and serve.
- Excellent healthy chow chow curry is ready.