It is a very simple gravy with mild ingredients. Tasted excellent.
Kovakkai ½ kg
Green chilly 2
Coriander leaf as you wish for garnishing
Chilly powder ½ to ¾ spoon
Salt as required
Turmeric powder pinch
Besan(kadalai mavu) 2 spoons
Cooking oil 2 spoons
Mustard ¼ spoon
Urad dal ¼ spoon
Chana dal ¼ spoon
- Wash and cut kovakkai into thin round pieces(see pic) and cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- You can cook in microwave also.
- Chop onions, green chilies, coriander leaves and tomatoes.
- Heat oil and do tempering, adding items in the said order.
- Add onions and green chilies, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, mix well and sauté well till all items get merged.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt.
- Mix well and add cooked kovakkai.
- Mix well and allow to cook, sprinkling water if required.
- Once fully done, dissolve besan in ¼ cup water and add to cooked contents.
- Mix well and switch off.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.