step by step photos by my daughter Janani
Boiled rice 1 cup
urad dal 1/4 cup
toor dal 1/4 cup
channa dal 1/2 cup
red chilly 8
salt as required
hing liberal pinch
onion 1 (big)
curry leaf 1 strip
- Soak rice separaely and dals separately for 3 hours.
- Grind rice smoothly and along with red chilies, salt and hing.
- Grind dals coarsely.
- Mix both together, add curry leaves and mix well to a consistency thicker than normal dosa batter.
- chop onions finely.
- Use dosa pan and prepare like a thick dosa, making a hole in the middle.
- Turn side and take out once golden.
- Onions can be mixed with batter or can be spread on adai as soon as dough is spread on pan.
- Tasty adai is ready.