Ginger-1 fairly big piece
Curry leaf-2 strips
Pepper powder-½ spoon
Coriander leaf-as required
- Heat 2 spoons of ghee, add jeera(2 spoons out of 4), pepper, tomatoes, curry leaves, red chilly, turmeric powder, garlic cloves and ginger, sauté well and make a fine paste (leaving 5 garlic cloves to add later).
- Mix with salt, tamarind water and enough water and allow to boil well.
- Add remaining 5 garlic cloves, pepper powder, remaining jeera(2 spoons), hing and continue boiling.
- Once done, add enough water, reduce flame, allow to bubble and switch off.
- Add lime juice.
- Temper with mustard in remaing 1 spoon of ghee and garnish with coriander leaves.