Gujarat special dish, we had a chance to enjoy this dish in our flat party recently.
Thought of sharing this recipe with you all.
Dabeli pav 16
Dabeli masala(readymade available) 4 to 5 tbsp
Coriander chutney as required (ref. blog if u want recipe)
Tamarind chutney as required (ref. blog if u want recipe)
Cooking oil ½ cup
Potato 1 kg
Grated coconut 4 tbsp
Pomegranate 4 to 6 tbsp
Peanuts (crushed) 4 tbsp
Cumin seed(jeera) 1 spoon
Nylon sev 4 tbsp
Butter 6 tbsp
Salt as required
- Chop onions and coriander leaves finely.
- Cook potatoes, peel off skin and mash well.
- Add onion, grated coconut, cumin seeds(jeera), peanuts, coriander leaves, pomegranate, nylon sev, salt and mix well.
- Heat oil, add dabeli masala and ½ cup of water and stir well for a minute.
- Add the mixed stuff.
- Mix and saute well for 3 to 5 minutes in medium flame and switch off.
- Take pav, cut horizontally into 2 halves.
- Smear with coriander chutney on one side.
- Smear with tamarind chutney on the other side.
- Take 2 tbsp of the stuffing and keep in between 2 halves of chutney smeared pavs.
- Heat a tava, place this, use butter and cook it on both the sides.
- Repeat for remaining quantity and enjoy this excellent dish.
Recipe shared by Mrs. Minaxi, my flat friend.