TOMATO RICE (with onion)
Raw rice 1 tumbler (I used basmati rice)
Green chilly 6
Curry leaf 1 strip
Salt as required
Turmeric powder small pinch
Cashew 8 (optional)
Peanuts 8 (optional)
Cooking oil 3 tbsp
Ghee 1 or 2 spoons (optional)
Mustard ½ spoon
Urad dal ½ spoon
- Wash the rice and pour required water (1/4 cup more than what you normally pour to cook rice) and keep it for 15 minutes.
- Cut vegetables.
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard, urad dal, curry leaves, onion, tomato and green chilies.
- Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Sauté for 2 minutes and add rice with water mixtue to it,mix well and close with lid .
- Keep flame in medium and keep stirring in between.
- Switch off once done.
- Add ghee and mix well (optional).
- Garnish with cashews and peanuts (optional).