Jeeraga samba rice 1 cup
Water 1 ½ cups
Oil+ghee 2 tbsp
Big Onion 1
Green chilly 5
Ginger garlic paste 1 spoon
Mint leaves 10
Coriander leaves as you wish
Salt as required
- Wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
- Cut the onion lengthwise and slit the green chilies.
- Heat oil+ghee in kadai, add onion, sauté for a while, then add green chilies, mint leaves, masala items, salt and cut tomatoes.
- Mix and sauté well and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain out the water from rice, add rice to kadai, sauté for a while and add required water for cooking (decide the water quantity according to your rice-I have mentioned for the rice I have used).
- Cook the rice, add coriander leaves, mix well and serve.