Buttermilk-1 ½ cups
For making paste:
Toor dal – 1 ½ spoons
Urad dal-1 spoon(fry golden)
Coconut oil-1 spoon
Methi seeds- very little
Curry leaf-1 strip
- Cook sepankizhangu for 5 to 6 whistles, remove skin and keep aside.
- Soak toor dal in water for 10 minutes.
- Fry golden, urad dal in few drops of oil.
- Wetgrind coconut, green chillies, soaked toor dal, fried urad dal and jeera as a fine paste and add to buttermilk.
- Add salt and cooked vegetable to buttermilk mixture.
- Switch on burner and allow contents to bubble (don’t boil).
- Season with mustard, methi seeds and curry leaves in coconut oil.
It is a very good side dish for adai and sevai.
Goes well with white rice also.
Other vegetables with same procedure above:
Lady’s finger (this should be fried well in oil and added in vegetable adding step)