Badam 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Ghee ½ cup
Elachi powder liberal pinch
Saffron liberal pinch
Colour(yellow or red) very very small pinch
Milk 1 spoon (only to mix with saffron )
- Soak badam for 5 to 6 hours and remove the skin.
- Make a paste , adding water only to required quantity.
- In a thick bottomed vessel ( I have used cooker ), mix sugar and water and switch on burner.
- Boil upto one string consistency.
- Add badam paste, keep stirring.
- Dissolve colour in a spoon of milk and pour to boiling contents.
- Add elachi powder and saffron.
- Once it is cooked more than half, start adding ghee little by little.
- Switch off burner once done (refer photos for consistency).
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with badam and saffron.