SIMPLE CARROT CURRY
Carrot 1/2 kg
Salt as required
Chilly powder ¾ spoon
Hing small pinch
Cooking Oil 3 tbsp
Mustard ½ spoon
Urad dal ½ spoon
Besan ¾ spoon
Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Cut carrots as round pieces, boil for 7 minutes in microwave oven(to reduce frying time and qty of oil).
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard & urad dal.
- Add boiled carrots, salt, chilly powder and hing.
- Mix well by sauting many times.
- Keep burner in low flame and close kadai with lid.
- Sprinkle water if very dry.
- Once cooked 90 %, add olive oil , mix well and keep closed for 2 minutes.
- Add besan , mix well and switch off.
- Garnish with curry leaves(optional) and serve.