Potato 400 gm
Ginger small piece
Green chilly 4
Curry leaf one strip
Hing liberal pinch
Salt as required
Oil required for frying
Besan 1 cup
Rice flour ½ cup
Chilly powder ½ spoon
- Cook potatoes well, peel off skin and mash it well.
- Chop ginger, green chilies and curry leaf finely.
- Mix mashed potatoes, chopped items, hing and salt.
- Make lime sized balls.
- Make a batter to a consistency thinner than idly batter with besan, rice flour, chilly powder, salt and hing.
- Heat oil in kadai, dip the balls in batter and drop in oil.
- Turn side and take out once golden.
Serve with coconut chutney.