Tomato ½ kg
Carrot 1 small
Potato 1 small
Onion 1 small
Ginger 1 inch piece
Garlic 2 cloves
Cinnamon small piece
Black pepper 4 to 5
Red chilly powder ½ spoon
Salt as required
Butter 2 tbsp
Cumin seed(jeera) 1 spoon
- Wash and chop all vegetables finely.
- Heat butter, add cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, onion, garlic, ginger, all cut vegetables and sauté well.
- Add a cup of water and salt.
- Cook in pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
- Once you are able to open the cooker, and the contents are warm, blend well in mixie and strain it.
- Add chilli powder to the strained liquid and boil it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Taste for salt and add if required.
- Heat butter, add cumin seeds, when it splutters, add to soup, mix well and enjoy this delicious soup.
Recipe shared by Mrs. Shilpi Manish, my flat friend.