There are many dishes that can be made with left over idly batter. Kuzhi paniaram and veg Uthappam are the dishes I normally make in the mornings since these two consume less oil with non stick utensils. However, using oil is one’s own choice.
Old idly/dosa batter 1 cup (big)
Green chilly 2
Coriander leaves handful
Oil as required
- If the dough is very old, you can add little salt.
- Chop all vegetables finely.
- Heat dosa tawa, pour big spoon of dough, flatten as a thick dosa, spread all vegetables immediately over the surface.
- Pour oil as you wish.
- Once cooked, turn side and cook in medium flame.
- Take out once done and serve with coconut chutney or idly milaga podi.