PUMPKIN KOOTU – method2
Pumpkin 2 big pieces
Chana dal 1 spoon
Red chilly 3
Coconut ½ cup
Jeera 1 spoon
Salt as required
Curry leaves 1 strip
Hing small pinch
Coconut oil – 2 spoons, Mustard, urad dal (for tempering)
- Remove the skin and cut pumpkin into fairly big pieces.
- Cook cut vegetable with chana dal and salt in pressue cooker for 3 whistles. (can be cooked directly in vessel also).
- Wetgrind as a nice paste, coconut, jeera & red chilly .
- Open the cooker, add hing, curry leaves and the paste.
- Temper with mustard & urad dal in coconut oil.
Goes well with vathakuzhambu rice and chappathi.
The following vegetables can be cooked in the same method:
- Snake gourd
- Red pumpkin
- Chow chow
- Bottle gourd