It is of pickle variety and a tasty dish.
Ginger 1 cup
Tamarind 3/4 cup
Red chilly 1 cup
Jaggery ½ cup
Salt as required
Cooking oil 4 tbsp
Mustard 1 spoon
Fenugreek seeds 1 spoon
Urad dal 1 tbsp
Hing small pinch
Curry leaf 2 strips
- Soak tamarind in hot water and extract juice.
- Cut ginger into small pieces.
- Heat oil, fry urad dal, mustard, fenugreek seeds, hing and transfer to a plate.
- Fry red chilies and take out.
- In the remaining oil, transfer ginger pieces, curry leaves, jaggery and salt and fry little and take out.
- Powder fried urad dal, mustard, fenugreek seeds, hing and red chilies.
- Add remaining fried items and grind adding tamarind water little by little required for grinding.
- Once it is ground as a paste, take out and add remaining tamarind juice, mix well and serve.
Shared by Mrs. Leela Pratapa, my flat friend.