Wheat flour 1 cup
Buttermilk as required for making the full dough(no water)
Methi leaves chopped ½ cup
Coriander leaves-finely chopped ½ cup
Salt as required
Turmeric powder pinch
Cooking oil 2 spoons for mixing with dough+qty as required for frying
Saunf(sombu) ½ spoon
Garam masala powder ½ spoon
Green chilly 2 to 3
Chilli powder/pepper powder little(optional)
Ginger one piece
Garlic 3 to 4 cloves
Til as required
Sugar 1 spoon
Besan(kadalai mavu) 1 spoon
- Make a paste of green chilies, garlic and ginger.
- Mix all the items mentioned above(leaving behind the oil mentioned for deep frying), using only buttermilk(not water) to a consistency similar to roti dough.
- Make shapes as shown in picture.
- Heat oil, deep fry the muthias and take out.
- Excellent snack item to enjoy with tea.