Source: TV show
Curry leaf 1 strip
Ginger garlic paste 1 spoon
Venthayam(methi seed) ½ spoon
Jeera 1 spoon
Salt as required
Tamarind ½ gooseberry size
Chilly powder 1 spoon
Sugar 1 spoon
Kadalai mavu(besan) 1 tbsp
Cooking oil 3 to 4 tbsp
- Wash and cut tomatoes.
- Chop onions.
- Heat half of oil, add ½ spoon methi seeds and one spoon jeera, fry little.
- Add tomato cuts, little salt and tamarind(raw).
- Add chilli powder, mix well and once it is fully done, switch off burner, add one spoon of sugar, mix well and allow the contents to warm up.
- Make a paste once it is warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a kadai, add mustard, jeera followed by ginger garlic paste.
- Add curry leaves.
- Mix well and add chopped onions.
- Add little salt.
- Mix well and allow to cook well.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, dry fry besan to golden and dissolve in water.
- Once the contents are cooked well, add the ground paste and besan mixed water.
- Mix well and wait till the consistency reaches similar to thokku.
- Excellent side dish for any tiffin.