Rava 1 cup
Curd or thick buttermilk 1 cup
Salt as required
Eno powder(fruit salt) ½ spoon
Coriander leaves handful
Mustard 1 spoon
Green chilly 2
Curry leaves 1 strip
Oil 1 spoon
Dry coconut powder 2 tbsp
- Mix rava, curd, salt and fruit salt, adding water only if required (I didn’t add water) to idli batter consistency.
- Transfer to dhokla plate and steam cook.
- Once done, cut into pieces as shown.
- Heat oil , fry mustard, green chilly cuts and curry leaves.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, dry coconut powder and seasoned items.
Recipe shared by Mrs.Hina
Try this out, following above procedure, with following differences:
- besan is used instead of rava.
- besan is mixed with water(not with curd)
- use lemon juice while mixing the dough.
- scrapped coconut is used instead of coconut powder.
This recipe is shared by Mrs. Meenakshi.