Small onion-10 to 12
Garlic-10 to 12 cloves
Pepper-1 ½ spoons
Toor dal-1 spoon
Coriander seed-2 spoons
Red chilly-2 to 3
Dry ginger-small piece (or you can add powder also)
Turmeric powder-½ spoon
Methi seed(venthayam)-1 spoon
Gingelly oil-5 tbsp
- Heat oil, add onions and garlic cloves, sauté well.
- Meanwhile, dry fry all other items.
- Make it a powder first, then as a paste adding water little by little.
- Add enough water, mix well and add to kadai.
- Allow to boil very well till it is fully done.
- Enjoy with hot white rice and ghee.