Wheat flour 1 cup
Salt small pinch
Toor dal 1 cup
Sugar ½ cup
Elachi powder liberal pinch
Ghee 3 spoons
Cooking oil to prepare poli
- Cook the toor dal till soft and mash it.
- Heat ghee, transfer cooked dal and sauté for 2 minutes till it becomes thick.(if the dough is little watery, add 1 ½ spoons of besan, else no need).
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Once done add elachi powder, mix well and switch off.
- Make chapathi dough as usual, adding pinch of salt and water.
- Spread the dough like small poori.
- Keep a small ball of prepared mixture, close it and spread and make like chapathis, using required cooking oil.
- Excellent puran poli is ready to enjoy.
Recipe shared by Mrs. Nishita Jatin, my flat friend.