Are you a diet conscious person careful about oil intake but want to enjoy a superb snack, here is the choice for you:
Brinjal bajji is the tastiest of all bajjis according to me and my mom. The procedure below gains attraction in preparing the dish with less oil (shallow fry in a broad pan).
Brinjal 3 (medium size)
Besan(kadalai mavu) 1 cup
Rice flour ¼ cup
Chilly powder 1 tbsp
Salt as required
Hing liberal pinch
Cooking oil 2 to 3 tbsp
- Mix besan, rice flour, chilly powder, salt and hing in water to dosa batter consistency.
- Wash and slice brinjal into round thin pieces.
- Heat oil in a broad pan, dip brinjal pieces in dough both sides, keep spread out in pan as shown.
- Turn side and take out once done.
- Excellent brinjal bajjis are ready.