MALABAR VEGETABLE KURMA
Snake gourd ½ (of big one)
Coconut scrapped ½ cup
Pepper ¾ spoon
Tamarind ½ lime size
Green chilly 2
Jeera 1 spoon (little for tempering, balance for grinding)
Red chilly 2 (for tempering)
Curry leaf 1 strip
Salt as required
Coconut oil 4 tbsp
Turmeric powder small pinch
- Heat oil in kadai, add jeera,curry leaves and red chillies.
- Add onions, fry golden.
- Add vegetables, salt , turmeric powder and saute well, sprinkle little water and close with lid.
- Wet grind, coconut, jeera, green chillies and pepper.
- Once the vegetable is 80% cooked, add tamarind extract and sauté few times and allow to cook fully.
- Add the paste when it is almost cooked and sauté few times and switch off.
- Garnish with fresh curry leaves.